School-Based Decision Making Council
BELLEVUE MIDDLE-HIGH SCHOOL SCHOOL-BASED DECISION MAKING COUNCIL
The School-Based Decision Making Council model was introduced alongside the Kentucky Education Reform Act (KERA) in the 1990s. It is designed to promote shared leadership among those working closely with students: administrators, teachers, and parents. A council's primary responsibility is to promote student achievement, which should be echoed in every decision and policy.
- Who can serve a parent member of the council?
- Who is eligible vote for parent members?
- Why do Kentucky schools have SBDM councils?
- How is a council made up?
- What does the SBDM council do?
- How can I learn more about school councils?